1859- Sawmill built and opened
1860- Flour mill built (now Watson’s Mill) and opened
1861-Carding mill built and opened
1867-Dickinson House built
1870-The Great Fire in August burns sawmill and carding mill. Both these buildings were rebuilt bigger than before.
1875- Bung Mill built and opened, attached to the sawmill.
1885- Carding mill is burned down
1887-Sawmill and bung mill both burned down in a fire, but only the bung mill was rebuilt.
1979-RVCA restores flooring inside Watson’s Mill, in hopes to open it as a heritage attraction.
2008 – Concrete repairs were made to the top of the southeast flume wall; the wall’s low spots were raised to prevent flume water from overflowing into the south east Mill wall.
2009, March – The Flume Wall Sealing Project occurs, and the blue max coating is applied.
2009, December – On the second floor the ceiling timber beams are replaced, Gibson Timber Frames is hired to address issues of a growing long term crack.
2006 to 2010 – Window Restoration Project, Greg Toner completes the restoration of 37 sets of windows in the mill. Since the window restoration project in 2010, further restoration has been required on the windows. Thanks to funding provided by the City of Ottawa this has been possible. Work began in 2016 and continues by Rip Fletcher.
2011 – The fire suppression system (sprinkler) was installed by Yates, adding an extra layer of protection to the mill in case of a serious fire.
2013 –Watson’s Mill Roof is replaced.
2014, August to November – Flume and exterior east and north wall masonry and Mortar Repair Project – river bottom to the base of first windows, complete replacement of exterior flume river wall. Norcan refurbishing, painting and aligning of all turbines and complete cleanout of all flume and turbine room debris by Badger Daylighting Inc.
2014, December to 2015, Spring – Installation, of new cedar deck and archway on flume exterior
2019, Spring – The third-floor grist elevator is repaired and restored by heritage carpenter Jack Forsberg and his team.
2019, Summer– Two windows and front door repaired.
2019, Winter-Bolter repaired, electrical updating inside the Mill and turbine maintenance begins
2020, Spring-Repair of grain elevator by Jack Forsberg.