Welcome to Dickinson Square- Watson’s Mill & Dickinson House

Nestled in the heart of Manotick Village, Dickinson Square shares a remarkable past rooted in industrial ingenuity and the foundation of our community. Built in 1860 along the shores of the Rideau River, Watson’s Mill remains active as a working water powered flour mill. Dickinson House, built in 1867, would become the home of all the Mill’s owners and remains open to the public as a heritage house museum.

Dickinson Square is the historical centre of Manotick and is comprised of Watson’s Mill, Dickinson House and the Carriage Shed. The site is run by the not-for-profit Watson’s Mill Manotick Inc.

Watson’s Mill
Dickinson House

Hours & Info

Watson’s Mill & Dickinson House

Entry to our site is Admission By Donation with the suggestion of $2.00 per person.
This admission covers entry to Watson’s Mill and Dickinson House.
Youth 12 and under are free.

January 2024 – April 2024Closed
May 18 – September 2Wednesday-SundayDoors Open
Last Entry
September 7 – October 13Saturdays & SundaysDoors Open
Last Entry
October 14 – December 31Special Events Only
Used Book Store
January – April 2024Closed
March 4Accepting Donations, No Sales
Monday – Thursday
10:00am – 4:00pm
April 3 – May 14Wednesday – Saturday10:00am – 4:00pm
May 15 – December 8Wednesday – Sunday
Holiday Mondays
Closed Thanksgiving October 14
10:00am – 4:00pm
Special Used Book Store Closure : OCTOBER 21 -29.

Donations accepted during Book Store Open hours. Please keep donations to 5 bags/boxes or less. Do not leave books in front of any doorways, it is a safety hazard.

The Used Book Store does not buy used books.

Please note that the Used Book Store does not take specific book requests, nor do we check inventory over the telephone or email.

OFFICE of Watson’s Mill Manotick Inc.

Watson’s Mill, Dickinson House and the Used Book Store are operated by the not-for-profit Watson’s Mill Manotick Inc.

Our Office can be found on the 2nd floor of the Carriage Shed.
5524 Dickinson Street, Manotick, ON

January – AprilBy Appointment
May – OctoberMonday – Saturday10:00am – 4:00pm
November – DecemberBy Appointment


General Admission

Admission by Donation
*Suggested Donation $2.00
Ages 12+
Under 12 are Free
Free guided tours are provided every day of the week!

Group Tours (10 or more People)

Watson’s Mill Manotick Inc. provides structured visits and tours for groups of 10 or more people.

Groups of 10 or more are required to make an advanced reservation. Groups of 10 or more people who do not make advanced reservations may not be accommodated with a guided tour.

Group Tour Cost (per person)
Watson’s Mill$2.50
Dickinson House$2.50
Dickinson Square (Watson’s Mill & Dickinson House)$5.00
Booking Programs

Watson’s Mill Manotick Inc. offers a range of customizable tours and programs… we’ll even come to you!
To learn more about a programming options please visit our Programs page.

To discuss your options and make a booking contact our Programs & Communications Manager:




PO Box 145
Manotick, ON
K4M 1A2

Recognition of Territory

Watson’s Mill, Dickinson House, and the Carriage Shed are built on un-ceded Algonquin Anishinabeterritory.

The peoples of the Algonquin Anishinabe Nation have lived on this territory for millennia. Their culture and presence have nurtured and continue to nurture this land.

Watson’s Mill Manotick Inc. honours the peoples and land of the Algonquin Anishinabe Nation.

Watson’s Mill Manotick Inc. honours all First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples and their valuable past and present contributions to this land.